Saturday, September 17, 2016

Charisma Yarn and Azel Pullover Pattern Review

About a year ago, I was given some Charisma yarn as a gift. It was soft and gorgeous and I had no idea what I was going to do with it. There it sat, waiting for the perfect idea to inspire. There it continued to sit while mermaid tails took over my life. Then, I was asked if I could make something for a silent auction, and suddenly, new life was found within these threads!



The silent auction is for my friend Jamie's dad. He has Multiple Myeloma and has had a very long road, and continues to face challenges ahead. You can read a bit more about Jon and the Mulitple Myeloma here.

I had purchased the Azel Pullover from The Velvet Acorn on Etsy a few months ago after a friend asked if it was something I could make. I decided to put it in my stash of patterns, and I am so glad I did! I had about a week to make something for the auction and I was looking for something both sweet, versitile, and would work up quickly.

Let me just say that between this pattern and that yarn, I had found the perfect match! The Charisma yarn is so soft and warm, and my favorite part....it doesn't split when you are working with it. I have worked with soft yarns that are so fuzzy and nice, but when you insert the hook, it's hard to tell where you inserted it, and the yarn tends to split. Charisma, on the other hand, stays together very well!

I had just enough to make a child's sized 5/6. I was able to work it up in a few hours. The pattern was incerdibly simple to follow, I found some fun buttons to add to it, and suddenly, I had an adorable poncho style pullover that will make some little girl happy and warm this winter. If you have a chance to work with Charisma yarn or to use a pattern from The Velvet Acorn, you really should!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment